The photovoltaic street lamp is consists of:
– A support pole approximately 7m in height, of which 6 out of earth, steel, base diameter about 140 mm, thickness 4 mm
– A support base for the pole and containment of the battery
– An electric storage battery of about 125 Ah C10, sealed lead-acid
– Three photovoltaic panels from 50 watts each or two 75 Watt, for a total of 150 watts of mono or poly crystalline silicon
– A microprocessor unit for control and regulation for the automatic on / off
– A luminaire consists of: ceiling, supporting structure, lighter solid and vapor lamp Low pressure sodium 26-Watt light yellow monochrome.
Illuminance on the vertical lamp: 5 lux.
The sizing of the project allows lighting performance for about 8-10 hours a day continuing with storage battery to ensure about 6 hours continuously in case of no brightness’ (eg. For rain) for about three days.
The structural and functional characteristics of the streetlight can be changed on demand.
Warning: you must install the modules in place not shaded by trees or houses.
References: In Italy are installed over 6000 solar street lamps of the type described
The photovoltaic street lamp consists of the following basic parts:
– Pole and base – Photovoltaic modules – ceiling lamp and lamp – lighter – Battery storage – adjustment control unit
-Pole and base: The pole will be the actual structure of the photovoltaic street lamp, it is sized to support the lighting and photovoltaic modules and the relative wind pressure. The post is inserted into a concrete foundation which can be prefabricated or made in work.
– Photovoltaic modules: They usually are modules with crystalline silicon cells, each module has an area of 0.5 or 0.75 square meters. The number of modules (3 or 2) is calculated so as to provide in the month of the year isolation less the necessary energy for 8 hours daily averages ignition of lamp.The inclination of the modules must be 60 – 70 degrees on ‘horizon, thereby optimizing the sunshine in the winter months and also any snowfall may not hold the panels by darkening Fv.
– Ceiling lamp and lamp: The ceiling is a ceiling light standards for street lighting, deprived of the usual devices for the lighting of the lamp (starter). The lamps are normally high efficiency lamps at low pressure sodium. Depending on the requirements can be mounted lamps 18, 26 or 36 Watt. The complex ceiling lamp – lamp is dimension ed so as to provide a lighting on the ground on the vertical lamp 4 or 5 Lux.
In the figure the photometricis reported the curve of a lamp SOX-26-E inserted into a housing type XGS 103.
– Ignitor: It is a high frequency inverter designed specifically for food sodium lamps or neon, the inverter efficiency is considerably higher than that of the ignition devices normally used in the ca
– Storage batteries: are stationary batteries Pb – acid. They can be placed in sealed boxes mounted on the stem of the pole or in a housing formed in the base of the pole itself. In this second case using sealed batteries, gas recombination. The following table shows various ranges of capacity of the batteries as well as the ignition time can ensure that a standard 26 watt lamp in the event of the absence of solar radiation.
|Battery 12 V, 50 AhC10||12 hours||Battery 12 V, 75 AhC10||18 hours||Battery 12 V, 100 AhC10||24 hours|
– Control unit: performs a dual function, ensures that the command on and off the lamp via a twilight switch and a timer; and monitors the state of charge of the batteries protecting against overloaded summer or discharges too deep.
|Types of photovoltaic street lamps||Price FOB RESIT (without stand)|
|P 100||2 photovoltaic modules of 50 Wp||Euro 1800,00|
|3 photovoltaic modules of 47 Wp
2 photovoltaic modules of 70 Wp
CONSTRUCTION # 8 LAMPPOSTS APPIA PARK AREA – ROME